Teaching Philosophy Final
For your final project, you will write a teaching philosophy that synthesizes all of our learning together this semester.
A teaching philosophy, sometimes also referred to as a teaching statement, describes
(1) what you believe are the goals of education,
(2) how you approach instruction and assessment,
(3) what kind of learning environment you want in your classroom (or classroom management approach),
(4) what you expect from your students, and
(5) your role as a teacher in the larger community.
You began to explore these areas in your draft teaching statement earlier this semester. Now, you will add more details to create your final teaching statement.
Describe which theories of learning and which teaching philosophy or philosophies inform your teaching statement. Provide ample evidence from the readings, class discussion, and lectures to support your beliefs.
Satisfactory levels of evidence are using at least 2 distinct sources from class, with evidence in all 5 sections of the paper. There is not a right or wrong with this assignment: it is the beginning of your conceptualization of teaching and learning.
Use this template Download template for your teaching statement to follow APA conventions. It should be 3-5 pages.