BIB-1003-08 Exploring the Bible
Use the following to craft your metanarrative:
1. Cover the story evenly in a storyline format40 Pts
Provide a balanced biblical storyline, evaluating which aspects are significant and therefore require more detail, and which can be mentioned in passing or omitted.
2. Indicate patterns of promise and fulfillment 10 Pts
Show how Old Testament experiences and promises find their completion and fulfillment in the New Testament.
3. Include and describe the four biblical covenants (Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic, New) 20 Pts
Show how they relate to each other and to the whole story.
4. Describe the prophetic message and its significance 10 Pts
Summarize the Old Testament prophets and connect their message to the new covenant experience.
5. Connect the storyline from Malachi to Matthew 10 Pts
Include a brief summary of the intertestamental period.
6. Give a storyline description of Jesus and his significance 20 Pts
Include the birth life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus.
7. Give a storyline description of the early church 20 Pts
Include important developments and significant events and personalities.
8. Connect individual stories together to tell one overarching biblical metanarrative. 10 Pts
9. Write a well-crafted story. 10 Pts