|Coursework 2 – Global Business Model Analysis and Meta Level Changes
Essay of up to 2500 words; there is a nominal 10 per cent allowance. The coursework should be submitted on line (via turnitin) by midnight on the week 12 – 4th December 2020. Marks will be released after the christmas break
To guide essay plan and structure please see assessment brief below as well as assessment marking rubric at the end of the piece. Treat this as part of the feedback in addition to the written feedback available on-line.
Students are to assess the impact upon the respective firm’s business model of one of the following risk scenarios:
- Huawei and US Sanctions
- Dubai World and Belt and Road Initiative
- Coca Cola and Water Risk
- IBM and Circular economy
- Aramco and Peak Carbon
Business Model Assignment Guidelines
- The assessment should be written as a report to a third party.
- Remember this is an exercise in environmental scanning. As such you need to match main trends in environment and assess how they will impact on firm..
- Use the lens of the business model to do so. This is a business report therefore theory light with a focus on practical issues. In terms of the business model you need to demonstrate you understand the core business model of the enterprise under examination. There should be no theory but you will be expected to understand core terminology of the BM so far as it applies to the business.
- The focus is on the corporate level analysis – through this identify core value proposition
- Ask yourself how does shift in environment challenge the business to the extent that it threatens or presents opportunities for the BM?
- Look at company reports/ documentation but also read more widely in industry, analyst reports etc.
- Remember company reports are PR – they are not telling everything – you need to dig and draw conclusions – we want critical evaluation!!!
- What is the company’s global exposure? How does this shape the impact of the trend?
- Want use of data etc to underline core points.