As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit an Inequalities in the Modern World report.
Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
Learning Outcomes: After completing the module you should be able to:
- Explain the structural inequalities within society, specifically linked to education, health and employment.
- Understand the paradoxes of the right-wing discourse of meritocracy and the consequences of these upon human wellbeing and inclusion.
- Analyse the effects of social inequality and injustice.
- Examine and evaluate a range of sources and sociological perspectives.
- Communicate sociological ideas confidently in a variety of formats as appropriate to a specified audience.
Your assignment should include: a title page containing your student number, the module name, the submission deadline, and a word count; the appendices if relevant; and a reference list in Arden University (AU) Harvard format. You should address all the elements of the assignment task listed below. Please note that tutors will use the assessment criteria set out below in assessing your work.
Maximum word count: 2,000 words