- Now let’s focus on the culture within the newly joined companies. The challenges of post-acquisition integration and the uncertainty of the market both in COVID and beyond. We also need to address the fact that these combined companies currently serve only the largest ~500 domestic breweries, and the domestic market includes 7,500 small breweries (plus ~20,000 small breweries worldwide). Where is the growth and new product development going to come from once they deliver on the value proposition to the large and mid-size companies they currently are well designed for? This analysis should fill up the remainder of your eight allowable pages.
- Spend about a page discussing Marks’ & Mirvis’ (2005) criteria for post-acquisition integration (absorption, preservation, etc.) Go over each one and also the critical success factors (See PowerPoint on Bombardier for suggestions).
- Discuss how the newly combined companies should approach the year 2021, which of Marks’ & Mirvis’ criteria work best in year 1
- Support this suggestion with at least 3 additional citations from the syllabus (I am not giving suggestions for additional citations anymore)
- Discuss how or whether this may need to change in years 2-5 as the market evolves post-COVID. Specifically address how can they plan for uncertainty?
- Support this suggestion with at least 3 additional citations from the syllabus
Discuss how the newly combined companies should approach the year 2021, which of Marks’ & Mirvis’ criteria work best in year 1