In this assignment, you will reflect upon the following:
- Why do we need modern foreign languages in the school curriculum?
- What do we want our pupils to learn? (knowledge about the subject, language skills, learning skills)
- What methods or strategies could we use when teaching modern foreign languages in schools?
To help you do this, choose an aspect from the box below. Argue a rationale for how pupils
should be taught this kind of understanding in school.
|Gender (articles) including
-definite (el, la,los,las,lo
-infinitive un, una,unos,unas,
You will find an extensive literature on a variety of language teaching methods. Critically review the research and professional literature against your chosen aspect, explaining what different methods could be used, and evaluate their effectiveness to deliver what you have stated your pupils should learn.
You will be given formative feedback on this review, and you can use this to extend your reading, deepen your critical reflection and enhance your writing at Master’s Level as you complete the assignment.
On the assignment I need to include Harvard referencing style and the literature of books ten books or articles please I want to have the below as compulsory and only part 1
1.Uk national curriculum in England : languages programmes of study.
- Department for education, languages programmes of study key stage 3
3.The languages teacher toolkit book by steve smith and Gianfranco Conti chapter 1
- Techniques & principles in language teaching book by Diane Larsen-Freeman and Martin Anderson 2011
- Changing places: cross-curricluar approaches to teaching languages book by brown, kim,margot, centre for information on languages teaching and research 1998
- Teaching and learning languages book by jemma buck
- The practice of foreign languages teaching book by jemma buck 2012