use this book for reference
Below are the ten essay/long response questions that will be on your final. I am not really looking for formal essays but more long, thoughtful responses of 2 paragraphs. Beside each question is the chapter where that topic is discussed. Prepare for your final by going over the material that applies to each question. Each question is worth 10 points. Grades will be based on the quality of the content and depth of thought in your response. Back up your answers with evidence not opinion!
1) Why can race be viewed as both a myth AND reality? (chapter 11)
2) How effective has the women’s movement been from the 1800s to the present? Give facts not opinions. (chapter 12)
3) How has the aging population affected American society? (chapter 13)
4) What is wrong with the US prison system? (chapter 7)
5) What are some of the causes in the changing of the American family? (chapter 14)
6) What factors affect educational attainment? (chapter 16)
7) Explain three social functions of religion in society. (chapter 15)
8) Why is it difficult for a nation to be either entirely capitalist or entirely socialist? (chapter 18)
9) What are the five types of social movements and the features of each. (chapter 21)
10) Discuss three things that you learned from this course and the reasons they made an impact on you.